Monday, September 17, 2012

Smelling Some Kind of GOOD in Our House!!!

So today I am using my cooker and I am using a recipe from my FAVORITE crock pot recipe site, "Crockin Girls".  They have quite a few recipes I've tried and a ton more for me to experiment with.  LOVE IT.  Down home ladies from Texas doing what us mom's do.

I will post pictures and the recipe later.  I of course tweaked it a little but boy oh boy does it smell fantastic. 

I am posting a few pictures from different recipes I've used in the last couple of weeks.  Its been awesome having a meal planned every day with everything I've needed already in our house.  We only had to go out once to get bread, milk and we picked up 2 chicken breast all of that was close to the end of the 2 weeks.  FANTASTIC.

Chicken Stuffed with Crab & Parmesan Potatoes
Okay so, I didn't personally assemble the Chicken we purchased it from Nicks of Calvert.  Ernie and I went in there to check out their steaks and didn't see any fantastic deals but the Chicken Stuffed Crab caught our attention so we bought those.

We bought 2 very large breast and I was able to cut them in half after cooking giving 4 servings.  Worked out well. To go along with the chicken I decided to make a well known recipe in our house growing up.  Parmesan Potatoes.  YUMMY!!!  A long time ago we went to dinner over a church members house and they had fondue and these potatoes.  IT WAS SO GOOD!

Parmesan Potatoes
6lg potatoes
1/4 c flour                                                      1/3 c butter
1/4 c Parmesan Cheese                                  Chopped Parsley
3/4 tsp salt                                                      1/8 tsp pepper
We love garlic in our house so I added 1tsp of garlic powder and instead of pepper I added paprika.  Just different flavor.  If you are trying to save time you can buy the frozen cubed hashbrowns and thaw them before adding the ingredients.

Peel potatoes and cut into squares.  In a gallon zip lock bag combine flour, cheese, salt & pepper.  Moisten potatoes with water and place them into the bag.  SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!!!  Coat the potatoes WELL.

Melt butter in 9x13 pan (I normally do this while the oven is heating up).  Place potatoes in pan and bake at 375 for 1 hour turning once during baking.  Sprinkle with chopped parsley when there is 5 minutes left.

Au Gratin Taters 'n' Chops
I have made this recipe a bunch.  Since I'm doing Weight Watchers and since I really don't watch points during dinner I am using a smaller plate so I can better control my potions.  It helps.
 

Ingredients:
6 boneless pork chops
1 tbsp of vegetable oil (I use canola spray)
1 4.9 ounce package of au gratin potatoes
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled.

Preheat oven to 375

In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine potatoes and sauce mix according to package directions.  Spook mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.  Arrange chops over potatoes.

Bake uncovered for 20-25 min or until meat juices run clear and potatoes are tender.

Sprinkle cheese and bacon over chops and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment